Thursday, June 16, 2011

*Knock* *Knock*




So, it's been....um, well over a year since I've written. Nothing like completely dropping the ball, eh? But, it's been an eventful year if that counts for anything!


I haven't written since last March so let's see what's gone on. Since then, Gracie is now 10. She finished third grade, started fourth grade, flew through and now is ready for fifth grade this coming August! She had a great school year with Mrs. Frankl. She competed and won her classroom spelling bee, her school spelling bee and then won her district spelling bee! And even though we went on to the county spelling bee but lost, we are so incredibly proud of her! She studied like crazy, even on holidays/vacations and her hard work truly showed. She made all A's throughout the year and ended by being asked to be a safety patrol the next school year. So, so proud!

Jackson is now 4 years old and every bit as funny as he's always been. We are FINALLY 100% potty trained (woot woot!) and life is good! His latest obsessions are super heroes/ super villians. He can name every one of them and tell you what they do and what they look like. Amazes me....though he does get in a little trouble when he says, "Mommy, don't make me angry...you won't like it when I'm angry!"

We also have a new addition to our sweet family. My niece, Addison Faith McBrayer was born May 13, 2010. She is precious and has the sweetest little laugh. And when she smiles that little squenched up face and shows you her little teeth....sigh. Just turns me to goo.

As of last weekend, my sister, Kelly, her husband, Anthony and my niece and nephew, Erin and Braden....are officially Texans! Anthony accepted a job in Houston and headed out there right after Memorial Day. Mom and Dad headed out last weekend with Kelly and the kids and have been unloading and unpacking all week. I always felt one of us would end up in Texas. I just thought it would be me! But I know that God has a plan and that this isn't for good. It's just a small detour in the bigger journey!

After a lot of prayer and asking God for direction, I finally listened to Him and began to work with our Pastor's wife, Mrs. Margaret, in forming a women's ministry. It's our Proverbs 31 ministry and we meet once a month to come together with food, fun and fellowship. It's a time to get together and take off our "Wife" and "Mom" name tags and just be women talking and sharing together. We have games and prizes and fun things to get to know each other better. We have tons of great food and always have a devotional time to dig into the Word. It has been such a blessing to participate and be with these ladies and I know that God is truly guiding it every step of the way.



I'm now a sorta-kinda working woman too! In February of this year, I joined 31 Gifts as a consultant, and I love it! It's a Bible based company started by a woman in her own home and has grown by leaps and bounds over just a few short years. The company is based on the Proverbs 31 woman and they encourage us as women to live that Proverbs 31 life, be the woman we know God has made us to be and to enjoy life and all of God's blessings. Not to mention that the products are sooo adorable! I promised God that if He would help me be the woman I need to be in leading a woman's group at church, then I would put my consultant job into His hands and let Him guide it in whatever direction He sees fit. And He has done that far and beyond my wildest imagination. I am truly so blessed! Here's my link! https://www.mythirtyone.com/MelissaHillis



This past weekend, we were so blessed first to celebrate another Father's Day and honor my wonderful father and the most amazing father to my two children. We had a great day in the Lord and were finally able to meet our sweet missionaries, the Andrzejewski family! Bro. Michael, Sis. Nina, and their beautiful FIVE children were such a blessing! It was so nice to be able to finally hug them and see them in person. And the message that Bro. Michael brought was God inspired and touched so many hearts.


Yes, our life is busy and some days we don't really know if we're coming or going...but what a wonderful ride it is! God is blessing us left and right both in our home and at church. I love with my Jesus shows off! It's a crazy life as a wife and mom but I wouldn't have it any other way!



No comments:

Post a Comment