Tuesday, June 19, 2012

My Kind of Reality



So, I am addicted to The Bachelor and The Bachelorette. I know they're silly for the most part.  I know half the people who go on the shows are just looking for attention and some TV time in hopes of becoming famous.  But I can't help it. I am so addicted.

At the end of each season, when it ends badly and the guy/girl picks the one that the faithful watchers are no doubt sitting behind their screens yelling for them "Get a clue and see them for who they are!" and "OMGosh, how can you pick THAT one??"...I vow to never watch it again.  Then a few months later, I get reality TV amnesia and the roller coaster ride begins again.

I often wonder if I would watch it so faithfully if I weren't happily married.  But then again, I could very well be even more obsessed with it if I were single and looking.  But either way, I get sucked back into it when the first commercials begin and then find myself magically entranced as I make sure the DVR is set to record the train wreck. 

The other morning, we were at Chick-fil-A to eat breakfast.  We go to sit in a booth and I sit across from Jackson.  He looks around and he's kind of quiet....then moves his hand towards the ever present vase of fresh carnations.  I'm about to tell him to put it down and I notice his sweet yet mischievous smile so I automatically wonder what's up.  He takes the vase and looks down at it for a minute, then looks at me and says oh-so-seriously...."Mommy....will you accept this rose?"  He tells me how much he loves me and that I will always be his love. Between trying to keep a serious face and tell him that of course I accept it, and laughing to myself in between sighs, I realize.....this is the best reality of all....TV or no TV.

Have a great week!








No comments:

Post a Comment