Saturday, July 25, 2009

Have You Seen This Person??



We have a problem. There is a thief on the loose. He hits when you least expect it and he hits fast. He starts with the little cute puppy dog eyes and tilts his head. He watches you closely to see if you're buying it. Then he sneaks a little closer...eyes still on you...head tilted...and starts with that smile..just a little one at first so that his lone dimple slowly comes into view. By then, you're usually just mush and the sad thing is, he knows it. But you have to be strong...be strong I say! He's only 2! What could he possibly do?


So he slowly walks closer to you, leans over and says, "I give you loves, Momma." as he hugs me. Ok, that did it. I'm a big sighing puddle with a smile plastered on my face. He steps back, just watching me, with a huge grin on his face knowing he just won me over yet again....tilts his head and says...


"I have some of your coffee, K?"

"No, Jackson, you can't have any coffee."

"I need dat coffee."

"No, you don't NEED that coffee. You're a little boy. You don't drink coffee."

"I not little boy, I big boy."

At this point, he decides to move to the middle of the living room and starts dancing. I call it "Hey, your daddy tries to dance and it looks just like that" dance. He's shaking his buns and doing the 70's hand rolling thing in front of him and you can't help but laugh. And it seems he's forgotten about the need to be the next Juan Valdez.

You get up and walk away to put the laundry up. As you're walking back in, you hear this weird sound but can't tell what it is. You can't seem to find him either. You come around the corner and...ah-ha...you see that the sound was slurping and you now have an empty coffee cup.

He looks up at you with the biggest grin on his face and says, "Dat good coffee, Momma. I have some pease?"

"Jackson, you can NOT drink Mommy's coffee. That's for big kids, not little boys. And now you drank all of Mommy's"

"I get you some coffee."

"No, you can not go get the coffee yourself and you stay out of my cup from now on."

"Otay. I play cars."

And just that fast, he has snuck in, got the goods and fled. Yep, I'm a sucker. Some ladies have to say, "Lock up your daughters! My son is coming around!" I just have to remind them to put a lid on their coffee cups. Go figure.

1 comment: