Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Calling All Shop-a-holics




If you ever get bored, truly bored...can't find a single thing to do to entertain yourself....go shopping with children.

Now, I have to say upfront, you have to be picky as to which children you take with you. There are some you just can't let out in public (there are also adults that fit that category as well, but I digress). For this example...let's choose...oh, I don't know....Gracie and Jackson.

Now, my kids aren't perfect. I'm not one of those parents who believe that somewhere, somehow, they're little precious wings and halo must have fallen off sometime after conception and before birth. You know those parents. You've seen them...the parents you roll your eyes at so much, they start to resemble a slot machine in Vegas (your eyes, not the parents). "Oh, MY child does this. Oh, MY child does that."...the parents that feel their kids can do no wrong. Anyway, back to my point. My kids aren't perfect but they are so good out in public when we're shopping whether it's for a quick trip to Walmart or a day of walking around the Galleria. On top of this, they are so stinking funny. They do things at the drop of a hat that have you laughing to the point of almost crying. It's during these moments that I'm glad I have a camera on my phone.

Gracie and Jackson crack me up constantly. If it's not Jackson and his funny little conversations, it's Gracie and her quick wit and sarcasm. They keep me in constant stitches sometimes. Don't think that's possible? Go to Party City with them and walk in the back through the Halloween costumes. Talk about one laugh after another! If it's not Jackson wanting to try on every kind of hat and then asking me, "How I look, Mommy? Am I so funny and coot (cute)?", then it's Gracie looking through the costumes, some of them of the adult variety (but not "naughty", just older) and her picking it up and saying, "What is THIS, why would someone want it and what the heck do you do with it??" and when I look, I've noticed she's picked up a dominatrix whip or a corset or some weird leather butt-less chaps. Try keeping a straight face on that one. I dare you.

I just feel so blessed to have my kiddos. We have our ups and downs and times we butt heads, but for the most part, it's just one big party. And I can just imagine what hats and costumes they'd pick out for that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment