Thursday, August 27, 2009

My Hubby


I blog a lot about my kids. Anyone that knows me personally or just from my blogs, knows that they are my world. I love every chance I have to write about something funny, exciting, interesting...good or bad...about my kids. But I just wanted to write a different one today.

You have the Sticky Hands...and that's my Jackson. You have the Glitter....and that's my Gracie. And you have the What's for Dinner....and that's my Lawrence. I feel like I never say enough about him and the husband he is, so this blog is for him.

My husband is the most amazing man in this world. Not only is he the smartest guy I've ever met, he's the most loving and compassionate man as well. After 11 years of marriage and 2 kids, there is not a day that goes by that he doesn't tell me that he loves me. And more than that, there isn't a day that goes by that he doesn't show me.

A lot of people that know us, know how we met. To this day I'm amazed at how many things had to go completely perfect in order for us to even meet, much less get together, fall in love and end up where we are now. I prayed two years with my pastor, for the man that God wanted me to have in my life. I talked to God one-on-one, pretty much like I type in my blog...just straight forward and to the point. I told him exactly what I was looking for in a man, and I often listed the qualities that I was looking for.....I prayed and I prayed and I waited....two whole years. Was it worth the wait? Absolutely.

I am so thankful for such a Godly husband. And not only that, but he is the most amazing and loving father. Our kids look up to him in such a way that I just have no words to express how it makes me feel. And there is such a bond between them that I know some fathers and children only wish they could have.

Thank you, Honey for not only being such a wonderful husband, but for being the most amazing father to our children. I love you with all my heart and I know that I always have you in my corner. And I hope you know that I'm always in yours. I know I'm not always the easiest person to live with, but you have always loved me unconditionally, at my worst and at my best, and you've never once made me feel less than wonderful. Thank you for all that you are...and all that you think you're not.

I love you,

Melissa


No comments:

Post a Comment